Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sockerskorpor

I had no idea what this was called in english. In Sweden it's called skorpa, a soft cookie that has been dried to crispiness. Wikipedia told me to translate it to "rusk". In that case, this is a post about sugar rusks. Somehow it sounds really weird, but maybe it's just me. Anyway, the other day I wanted to make something small and sweet that would last to keep for a while. You know, something small to eat when you can't hold that sugar craving any longer. I wanted it to be something a bit boring and dry, so that we wouldn't eat it all immediately as we always do. I decided that I wanted to make rusks/skorpor. I asked my mother for a recipe, because it seemed like  something she would know. She sent me a recipe straight away and I started baking. They are super easy to do, and makes a lot. They are very simple and only flavoured with cardamom, crisp and sweet.

They were all gone one and a half day later. So much for something boring to last, huh?

















Sockerskorpor/Sugar rusks
 
200 g non-dairy margarine

1 dl granulated sugar
1 teaspoon grinded cardamom
8 dl all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 dl veg-milk (I used soy with vanilla flavour, any kind will do)

Use a hand mixer to make the margarine and sugar light and fluffy. Add the cardamom. Sift in the flour and baking powder and use a fork to incorporate it together with the milk. Mix until a dough comes together. It shouldn't be sticky but not really dry either. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into 1 cm thick. Use something small and round, approximately 2,5 cm (1 inch), to cut out round parts of the dough. Put them on a baking sheet and bake in the 275 °C for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, and use a fork to divide them in halves. Do this by separating the bottom and the top with the fork. Put them back on the baking sheet in a single layer and bake them for about 10 minutes in 175 °C. They should turn crisp but don't brown much. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment