Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Our kitchen in the apartment we have a room in (it's more like a dorm actually, only it's not) could be improved in many ways, the oven being a good example. I'm pretty sure no one has cleaned it for several years, judging from the amount of old food stuck in there. If I would live here for more than 3 months, I might have cleaned it, but now, I just use the oven at the office if needed to.


Today was one of those occasions, I needed to make granola, and for that, I needed an oven that wasn't full of chicken fat(?).  So I measured everything and during lunch today, I roasted it in the oven. The whole house smelled like cookies. Now I want to make granola bars. Can you point me in the direction to a recipe? It needs to be dead simple, I can't buy many ingredients. No rice/agave syrup for example.


Ooh, and look how sunny and green it was today! The streets may be covered in snow and wet puddles, but the sun is always a welcome sign for spring.



1 comment:

  1. Do you have a food processor? You can make no bake bars by processing oats, raisins, nuts and seeds..

    ReplyDelete