Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkin.









































Hello friends! MoFo might be over but fall is continuing and winter is quickly approaching, so there's a lot of fun cooking to look forward to.

Last week I couldn't take my eyes away from everyone's posts with photos from pumpkin patches. Eating pumpkin is not very common in Sweden, so those pretty pumpkin patches are not really that available. However, since Halloween is pretty popular here as well, people do carve pumpkins as decorations. Last year, while living on the Faroe Islands, I bought my first pumpkin ever.  I really liked the things I created with it then, so when I saw that the supermarket had a couple of them left from Halloween I bought one and spend the rest of the afternoon making it into purée. I ended up with 15 cups, that are now safely tucked away in my freezer. I know I want to do the pumpkin muffins from Vegan With a Vengeance as well as a pumpkin pie, but otherwise I'm not sure. Any ideas?




















If you're wondering about the two weird photos up there, I just wanted to recreate this picture that I took last year in the Faroe Islands. As you can see, I wasn't successful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment