Saturday, February 4, 2012

Aloha burgers in the cold midwinter.

 
When temperature is down to -17 C outside and it's only the beginning of February, you have to do what you can to get away from the midwinter if only for a short while. I decided to make the Aloha 
Teriyaki Burgers from the Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet by Joni Marie Newman. This is most definitely one of my favorite cookbooks, for several reasons. First, it's a book all about burgers, so I think the awesomeness is pretty self explanatory. Apart from that though, every burger or bun or condiment I've made has been really good. No fails what so ever. Friday nights burger sounded very promising, with a base of TVP and gluten flour, spiced up with pineapple and teriyaki sauce. I didn't have teriyaki on hand, so I used some bottled  Jamaican jerk BBQ sauce in place of it. The burger turned out amazing. Really meaty without being tough to chew, and with a sweetness from pineapple and brown sugar, this burger is very high on my burger hall of fame right now. We ate in smacked in between two toasted slices of bread with classic condiments such as ketchup, mustard, red onions, pickles and fried onions. Best thing ever. I'm pretty sure I will make these again within a couple of days. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment