Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Arakas me Patates

 


















This dish is called Arakas me Patates, or braised peas with potatoes. I found it over at Souvlaki for the soul, a blog written by a man named Peter. The dish is Greek and tastes wonderfully from garlic, olive oil, dill and lemon. It's a comforting dish that tastes great now that autumn is here in full force, and while it's very simple, it's boosting with flavours and the lemon gives it a really tangy feeling. Eat it with bread on the side, something really crusty and fluffy would probably do it more justice than my sad little scone.



















You can find the recipe here, and the only change I would advice you to make is to cut down on the oil. It's a huge amount in the recipe, and I would say you would do enough with 3-4 tbs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment