Creamy lemon pasta bake
adapted from the Pioneer Woman
220 g/7,7 oz spaghetti
3 gloves of garlic, finely shopped
2 tbs olive oil
peel from one lemon, grated
100 g/3,5 oz vegan cream cheese (I use a garlic and parsley flavoured one)
½ tsp dried oregano
pinch of black pepper
pinch of salt
juice from half a lemon
3 tbs soy milk
- Boil the spaghetti and drain it.
- Heat the olive oil over low heat and add the garlic. Sauté until golden and fragrant, then add the lemon peel and turn the heat off. (I do this step in the pan I will later use for the oven, since it works both on the stove and in the oven. That makes it easy, but you could also use a sauce pan and put it in the oven safe dish before next step)
- Mix in the cream cheese, oregano, pepper, salt, lemon juice and soy milk, and stir. Depending on the consistency of your cream cheese, you might have to use a little bit more or less soy milk. You want it to be about the same thickness as a blended tomato sauce, if that makes sense.
- Add the spaghetti to the creamy mixture and mix until the spaghetti is coated.
- Bake for about 10 minutes at 200 C/395 F or until golden on top.
- Mix in some chopped parsley and serve! This is awesome with a green salad or garlic bread.