Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Log cabin breakfast.









































I managed to get my hands on some tempeh whilst in Göteborg, and started to carefully plan what to make with it. I'm not an experienced in the tempeh field - but definitely got interested when eating the tempeh strips I got when visiting the Tofurkey Factory in Hood River, OR. So when deciding what to cook, I flipped through The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet by Joni Marie Newman, and found these awesome burgers, the Log Cabin Burger. They're described as a mix between a pancake and a sausage, which I totally couldn't resist. I decided to focus on the sweet side of it, and served it up on top of raised waffles with syrup and margarine. This was so GOOD! I can totally picture myself sitting somewhere deep inside the forest in a little cabin eating this in front of the fire. The tempeh flavour is really at it's best in this burger, now go make some!

0 comments:

Post a Comment