Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chickpeas, b&w photos and my plans for the autumn.

I don't know if I told you, but I'm going back to school this autumn! It's a 2 year long program, which in the end will make me a water technician. Then I will hopefully work with cleaning water or something similar somewhere exciting.


















 So, in two day's I'm moving to Hallsberg, a small town only famous for being one of the most important railway hubs in Sweden. I will live all by myself for the first time ever and I'm really looking forward to it! Yesterday I bought this huge bag of dried chickpeas that will hopefully keep me full for the winter.



















So not only have I been packing and procrastinating things like signing up for an electrical provider, I have also been making jam. I picked 4 kg/9 lb plums from my mothers tree, and made a huge batch of jam. And there's still so much left on the tree that I just can't take care of. I also made a very tasty plum sauce, inspired by this recipe.



















I found three very ripe peaches at home, and guess what, they are now jam as well. Editing these photos made me discover how beautiful food is in black and white, focusing on the shape instead of the colours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment