Saturday, September 10, 2011

 It's cold outside in the mornings, and it's getting dark at 8 already. And although it looks like any other summer's day when you face the sky, it's painfully obvious that winter is getting closer. I'm not ready yet, so I happily ignore it which makes me really cold when biking to school in a thin sweater.

My apartment is slowly getting homey. I still don't have a kitchen table, a sofa or anything on the walls, but I'm getting there. Having the freezer full of hand picked berries helps too. Some days ago I made loads of apple sauce from Martins fathers apple tree, and it's pink and tastes wonderful! I think it's going to be a glorious food autumn, even though I'm now a student with a pretty slim budget.

Here's some of what I have been eating lately:
 Home fries, carrot sticks and peas with mushrooms. Breakfast of champions. 

Apple sauce in the making. This machine is awesome, you don't have to peel the apples or anything, just chop them and boil them quickly and runt i through.
 My pink apple sauce!

 Baked potatoes with lingonberry jam and some sweet chili-chips.

 Home grown grapes from my classmate.

 Blueberry smoothie.

Crepes with different fillings. 1. Peanut butter and homemade grape jelly. 2. Homemade plum jam. 3. Tahini and agave.

0 comments:

Post a Comment